Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PMU beginner's guide

Items ChikoritaPichu

Re: PMU beginner's guide (Work in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Scizivire
    I don't know if you noticed, but 7 times 4 is not 24 but 28.
    Err, now, that was a stupid mistake, I'm so ashamed. .or: . Fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scizivire
    Also, there are no traps that can Paralyze you, bit rather tell the beginning players about Sticky and Grimy traps. It would also be nice if you tell them how to get rid of status effects easily. As for the rest of the guide: Great work and I hope you finish it!
    I added a link to the PMU Wiki about traps, where every trap is explained detailed and also explain how to get rid of any effect, but I do agree It'd be nice to detail each of the traps you mentioned. Thanks Sciz!

one of the thousands of rice farms in north california LOL
    In-game
    Nuxl
    Items User Title Change

one thing I thought I should say is to separate the screenies of the starter rooms into 7 different spoilers, not combined into one. just a little better, imo

i'll make a post later with spelling/grammar mistakes- but this is a really great guide + can help some new players out! keep it up :>

Quote Originally Posted by Coki
    If any of you feel like making a list listing pros-cons
    i'll send you some of this too

Items ChikoritaPichu

Quote Originally Posted by Nuxl
    one thing I thought I should say is to separate the screenies of the starter rooms into 7 different spoilers, not combined into one. just a little better, imo

i'll make a post later with spelling/grammar mistakes- but this is a really great guide + can help some new players out! keep it up :>

Quote Originally Posted by Coki
    If any of you feel like making a list listing pros-cons
    i'll send you some of this too
    Looking forward to it, Nux! Thank you!

Phantom Thief of Heart MagicWiz's Avatar
    In-game
    MagicWiz
    Blog Entries

Nice work so far Coki! I do suggest you add a section about HMs though! PMU has some really basic/essential HMs that are needed to traverse through the overworld and even get to certain dungeons :B It'd be cool if this guide had some HM listings/uses or where to get them and etc.

Items ChikoritaPichu

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWiz
    Nice work so far Coki! I do suggest you add a section about HMs though! PMU has some really basic/essential HMs that are needed to traverse through the overworld and even get to certain dungeons :B It'd be cool if this guide had some HM listings/uses or where to get them and etc.
    It has it, Wiz! Under "Beginner's goals and Walkthrough" I explain how to get Cut, Rock Smash and Fly, as well as how to evolve and the such.

I didn't list other HMs simply because Archford or Tanren are not suitable for a Beginner's guide, but I will add some links to the Wiki at the end of the guide.

Thanks for your comment! :joy:

Phantom Thief of Heart MagicWiz's Avatar
    In-game
    MagicWiz
    Blog Entries

Ah, I see~ Good job on making even detailed guides on the dungeons! :joy: I'm not sure how much I should keep pestering you, but HM surf is a fairly easy HM to obtain as well in Mineral Cavern~ It'd be cool if that was added too xD

Items ChikoritaPichu

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWiz
    Ah, I see~ Good job on making even detailed guides on the dungeons! :joy: I'm not sure how much I should keep pestering you, but HM surf is a fairly easy HM to obtain as well in Mineral Cavern~ It'd be cool if that was added too xD
    Oh... Forgot about Mineral Cavern :@~@: , Thank you a lot for the reminder!

one of the thousands of rice farms in north california LOL
    In-game
    Nuxl
    Items User Title Change

grammar fixes n stuff
    bold = add a word/comma
    italicize = word fix
    underline =caps
    parentheses in bold- comment by me
    [spoilerBeginning Section:3yogmtjw]second bubble- titled "Choose your Starter", -> titled "Choose Your Starter" (add comma),
    third bubble- The second one, "PMU Basics" introduce -> The second one, "PMU Basics"(add comma),introduce
    introduce you the -> introduces you to the
    Grassroot town -> Grassroot Town
    fourth bubble- ,titled "Getting started" -> ,titled "Getting Started"(add comma),
    "And, finally, the fourth and last section, "The end"....." -> And(remove comma) finally, the fourth and last section, "The End",
    (Like the PMU Wiki) -> (like the PMU wiki)[/spoiler:3yogmtjw]

[spoilerChoose Your Starter:3yogmtjw]first bubble "When you log-in for the first time you will appear" -> When you log(remove hyphen) in for the first time(add comma), you will appear
    third bubble"Pokemon"-> "Pokémon(add é)
    fourth bubble "step through that Pokémon and walk to and beyond the crystal" -> "step through that Pokémon and walk to(remove "and beyond") the crystal"

(fix your spoilers. 7 individual ones for each chamber, and you have a weird end spoiler that has two psychic images and then Buneary"s tutorial.)
    [/spoiler:3yogmtjw]

[spoilerPMU Basics:3yogmtjw]first bubble- "you will spawn in Grassroot Town and you will have... -> "you will spawn in The Crossroads(walk north for Grassroot though) and have....(remove "you will", unnecessary)"[/spoiler:3yogmtjw]

okay I'm not done yet, but I'm getting forced off for now and I'll continue tomorrow. best of luck on the guide, it's very helpful!

EDIT: already fixed most grammar errors via personal means, no reason to expand this post

Items ChikoritaPichu

Re: PMU beginner's guide

Edit: The guide is now finished! I may add a starters viability ranking, but as for now, the basic content is now complete an ready to be readen C: I hope you find it helpful, and thanks to all of you who have readed this guide and gave me feedback.

Have fun PMUing! :joy: