Little Cup Tournament

Little Cup Tournament
[hr][/hr]
Introduction:

Hello again! I have decided to host another tournament here on PMU. The last one was a bit messy, but I hope this one is going to be a lot smoother. It’s not a regular tournament though, because it has a little catch: You can only use Pokémon in the Little Cup or Little Cup Ubers tier on Smogon (with a few needed exceptions)! I hope you all participate and have fun!

Link to the respective tier:
Little Cup
[hr][/hr]
General Information:

Place: Exbel Arena (possibly Winden Arena if it is released before the tournament, changes will be mentioned)
Date: To be determined
Time: To be determined
Level Cap: 40
Pokémon: Up to two per participant
[hr][/hr]
Rules:

With every tournament come a few rules. Things that are banned and about behaviour when spectating and such…

While participating in a match:
-Both of your Pokémon must be level 40 or lower.
-Switching Pokémon is not allowed unless one of your Pokémon has fainted. Use the Pokémon that you want to use last as the leader of the party.
-If a Pokémon faints, both players need to wait until I give the signal to continue.
-Items will not be allowed for this tournament.
-Trapping opponents with moves or abilities is not allowed.
-Area of Effect (AoEs) with a range of 3 tiles or higher are not allowed.
-Arc Throws and Spray with a range of 4 or higher are not allowed.
-Using moves that recover health or boost regeneration is not allowed.
-Moves that have a 50% or higher chance of boosting stats are not allowed.
-Moves or abilities that guarantee a status ailment on the opponent are not allowed.
-Counter, Mirror Coat, Destiny Bond and Metal Burst are not allowed.
-Moves that make you semi-invincible (such as Fly or Dig) are not allowed.
-Moves or abilities that change the weather to anything other than Clear are not allowed.
-Moves that protect the user from damage are not allowed.
-Quash is not allowed.
-Present is not allowed.
-Moves that dislocate the user or the opponent (such as U-Turn or Roar) are not allowed.
-Dragon Rage and Sonicboom are not allowed.
-Any form of boosting movement speed is not allowed.

While spectating:
-Standard PMU rules apply here.
-Don’t enter the arena during or inbetween matches.
-Don’t try to make participants talk during a match.
-Please be quiet if I, or any of the staff members ask you to do so.

Banlist:
-Carvanha (Speed Boost)
-Cleffa (Cute Charm)
-Diglett (Arena Trap)
-Hippopotas (Sand Stream)
-Igglybuff (Cute Charm)
-Magnemite (Magnet Pull)
-Minccino (Cute Charm)
-Nosepass (Magnet Pull)
-Poochyena (Quick Feet)
-Shroomish (Quick Feet)
-Skitty (Cute Charm)
-Snover (Snow Warning)
-Teddiursa (Quick Feet)
-Torchic (Speed Boost)
-Trapinch (Arena Trap)
-Venipede (Speed Boost)
-Vulpix (Drought)
-Wynaut (Shadow Tag)
-Yanma (Speed Boost)
-Zigzagoon (Quick Feet)

*Note: Please tell me if I missed any Pokémon that can have an ability that’s against the rules.
[hr][/hr]
Prizes:

The part everyone’s doing this for! The prizes have yet to be determined, but expect some good stuff!
[hr][/hr]

To participate, please leave a post in this topic or shoot me a PM in-game. Don’t forget to have fun and good luck to anyone that wishes to participate!

Participants:

1. Killuazoldyck
  2. Nuxl
  3. Xeltriskal
  4. poochy
  5. mewcpc
    6 Whirlwing
  6. Jermy
  7. Lord Goomy
  8. DarckMater
  9. Digiaven
  10. ILoveWater

will join

I definitely would like to join in on this.

Ill join

what about pokemon with the static ability and flame body ability also ill join too

Abilities like Static and Flame Body don’t have a guaranteed chance of status ailment on the opponent. Besides, they only have a range of 1-tile AoE anyway.

By the way, which account will you be using, slayer?

my poochy character

I’ll join

See, I would join if it was the Tanren Arena. I do train unevolved Pokemon, but it takes too long for me to train. Don’t you even dare call me lazy. It’s my senior year in high school, meaning I have to apply to colleges and scholarships, and I have AP classes, which are classes of college level work while you’re in high school, and my teachers like to give piles and piles of work for us to do, like we don’t have other classes to do work for. So you tell me where I’m supposed to find time to train when most of the time after I do my homework, I’m so tired that I normally go to bed.

The problem with the Tanren Arena is that for this tournament, people could hatch an egg for a Pokemon with good egg moves, trach it a tutor move or TM and bam. They’re done with preparing for the tournament. I want to encourage training in PMU, and to be honest, training to 40 from level 5 can be done in 45 minutes. I want people to think about what they’re using, not just go with any random egg with good egg moves.

I do understand how you feel and I’m sure others have the same problem, and I do not think of you as lazy but please consider what I mentioned above. Besides, I do think school has priority over PMU anyway but that’s up to you to decide.

Can I join scizi?

Edit* question: do the pokemon have to be level 5? because in the link it says all pokemon have to be lvl 5 owo

i’ll join and is lowering your opponent’s stats allowed? since it’s not in the rules

It’s allowed as it really doesn’t do much unless your opponent get the lucky stat boost from a move. I’ll add you to the list!