The Bi-Annual Mapping Contest: Winter 2015! [Results in]

THE BI-ANNUAL MAPPING CONTEST: WINTER 2015
[hr][/hr]
The Staff team is here to announce a new mapping contest for the end of 2015!
[hr][/hr]
Judging:
Entrant"s houses will be viewed and screenshotted on Decemember 14th. Our judges will then determine a score based on factors such as attributes, atmosphere, details, tile choice and so on.

Judges: Char, Kittu, Mad, MagicWiz and Nuxl
Warning: Judges are not allowed to give feedback on submissions. If feedback is asked for and given, then the contest map will be disqualified.
[hr][/hr]
The Theme this year is: Lost
Note: Just because this is the winter contest, does not mean the house needs to be winter themed!
[hr][/hr]
There will a total of 6 winners this year! 3 from the normal category and 3 from the veterans category! As well as a top pick from the 6 winners.
[hr][/hr]
Dates: November 13th - December 13th
We will have contest results posted by mid-December.
[hr][/hr]
Rules
Please follow the rules listed below. Ignoring or breaking these rules may lead to disqualification.

[ul][li] Aim to make a map that best fits the theme.[/li]
[li] Have your entry completed by the end of the event. (No late papers.)[/li]
[li] You must not attempt to persuade any of the judges and must allow them to make their own judgement.[/li]
[li] You must sign up through the form provided to ensure a smooth experience.[/li]
[li] Contestants and Non-Participants are not to post critiques here.[/li]
[li] You may only enter ONE map each.[/li]
[li] You must make your own house; there are no team projects.[/li]
[li] If you have received an expansion due to a previous contest, you shall be entered in the Veteran Contest rather than the general contest.[/ul][/li]
Note:
Please, respect the judges and your fellow contestants as well as the winners. Being a poor sport in general is distasteful as this is meant to be fun and enjoyable. Any form of rude, disrespectful behavior during the contest and after the results are out will not be tolerated.

[hr][/hr]
[answer]In-game Name:
Character House Name:
Questions/Comments:
Are you a Veteran Winner [Y/N]:
Screenshot: (optional, can be added later, within spoiler)
[/answer]
[hr][/hr]

Prizes

General Contest
1st - 50x50 Size Expansion or 15 event tokens + Contest Ribbon, 10,000 Poke
2nd - 30x30 Size Expansion or 10 event tokens + Contest Ribbon, 5,000 Poke
3rd - 25x25 Size Expansion or 5 event tokens + Contest Ribbon 2,500 Poke

Veteran Contest
One winner in each place
1st - 50x50 Size Expansion or 15 event tokens, Contest Ribbon, 15,000 Poke
2nd - 10x10 Size Expansion or 10 event tokens , Contest Ribbon, 10,000 Poke
3rd - 5x5 Size Expansion or 5 event tokens, Contest Ribbon 5,000 Poke

Special
:!!: Top Pick: Mystery Pokemon Egg

Contestants:

[details]

[ol][li]SimonBlackquill[/li]
[li] Niet/Niet[/li]
[li] Sharky/Sharky[/li]
[li] Blade/Blade[/li]
[li]Xeltriska1/Xeltriska1[/li] [li]Castelii/Cestelii[/li] [li]DigitalVaporeon/DigitalVaporeon[/li] [li]Marusaki/Marusaki[/li] [li]Momo619/Momo619[/li]
[li] Tsukuyo/Hakua[/li]
[li] Lord Goomy/Lord Goomy[/li] [li]tough/tough[/li] [li]trekker/trekker[/li] [li]Seika/Seika (Not-Competing)[/li] [li]carlostit/carlostit[/li] [li]Diantha/Diantha[/li]
[li]Av3ry/Av3ry[/li]
[li]sammie/sammie[/li]
[li]Trans/Trans[/li]
[li]TheDefeater/TheDefeater[/li]
[li]PokeBoyPro/PokeboyPro[/li]
[li]Alex_Dono/Alex_Dono[/li]
[li]Ace69/Ace69[/li]
[li]Shiju/shiju[/li]
[li]Clock/Clock[/li]
[li]L3ntz/L3ntz[/li]
[li]TheAwesome13th/TheAwesome13th[/li]
[li]iLovewater/ilovewater[/li]
[li]Glisquaza/Glisquaza[/ol]

[/details][/li]
Veteran Contestants:

[ol]
[li] OrginX/OrginX[/li]
[li] MagicalThe2nd/MagicalThe2nd[/li]
[li]Caz/Neverbloom[/li][*]ArtMax/ArtMax3[/ol]

YYYEEEEAAHHHH I’M SO EXCITED FOR THESE TO COME BACK

In-game Name: SimonBlackquill
Character House Name: SimonBlackquill
Questions/Comments: N/A besides RIP my current house that took me 3 days to do and I only just finished </3 You will be missed
Are you a Veteran Winner [Y/N]: No (Tho it’s worth noting my house is fully expanded using the /houseexpand command)

ooh, excite! cant believe it"s been almost 3 years since I last entered in one of these, though…
In-game Name: OrginX (no ‘i’ before the ‘g’, since people get mixed up sometimes)
Character House Name: OrginX
Questions/Comments: I have determination! :>:D: although, I wish luck to all other contestants! yet, I wonder what’s in the special egg?~
Are you a Veteran Winner [Y/N]: Yes~

In-game Name: Niet
Character House Name:Niet
Questions/Comments:What do you mean by the theme is Lost?
Are you a Veteran Winner [Y/N]:No

Hi Niet! I left this year’s theme broad, as I want people to have the option to get creative in their own ways, and I don’t want people to feel boxed in. The map just needs to evoke the feeling or theme “Lost”.

Sorry, I know the answer is vague, but I would like for people to create their own ideas and plans without too much influence. I definitely have a sort of idea of what I would map, but don’t want to put that in other people’s heads!

If there is a way I can clarify this without influence, please let me know!
And thank you for the question!

In-game Name: MagicalThe2nd
Character House Name: MagicalThe2nd
Questions/Comments: :>:D: :la:
Are you a Veteran Winner [Y/N]: Yes~

Ooh, sure I’ll give it a go!
In-Game name: Sharky

Character House Name: Sharky

Questions / Comments: Good to all who’s participating!
Are you a Veteran Winner [Y/N] Nope~

In-game Name: Blade
Character House Name: Blade
Questions/Comments: Last time I entered a mapping contest was…years ago. Good luck everyone!
Are you a Veteran Winner [Y/N]: No.

In-game Name: Xeltriska1
Character House Name: Xeltriska1
Questions/Comments: The name has a ‘one’ at the end. Not a ‘L’
Are you a Veteran Winner [Y/N]: Nope!

In-game Name: Castelii
Character House Name: Castelii
Questions/Comments: Is it alright if I expand my house a bit for the contest? :0 I wonder what’s in the egg too. >W< (Better not be a zoruashot)
Are you a Veteran Winner [Y/N]: Nope

In-game Name: DigitalVaporeon
Character House Name: DigitalVaporeon
Questions/Comments: Can we only not have feedback on our house from the judges or?

Ooh, I’m gonna try this again c:

In-game Name: Marusaki
Character House Name: Marusaki
Questions/Comments: Is it ok if we incorporate weather into our map?

In-game Name: Momo619
Character House Name: Momo619
Questions/Comments: First time doing a contest like this! I’m nervous and excited at the same time. XD

In-game Name: Tsukuyo
Character House Name: Hakua
Questions/Comments: do signs/notices play into account of judging?
Are you a Veteran Winner?: Nope.
Screenshot:

(a white square keeps appearing in my screenshots but is not in the actual map, i dunno why it keeps popping up when i try to screenshot, may edit this screenshot a few times to fill up some spaces)

Hi Castelii! Players can choose whatever house size they would like, we cannot expect players to make their houses small again for a contest!

It is not a group project, as the rules say! You can get comments, like “this is cool”, but getting help is not allowed. I explicitly mentioned judges, so that people don’t continually ask them. ^^;

Players are allowed to use any resources available to them! Weather, signs, notices, music, etc!
It should be explored as any other house/map in PMU! :D

Thank you for the interest everyone!

In-game Name: Lord Goomy
Character House Name: Lord Goomy
Questions/Comments: It may not look like it but the weather is cloudy and you must choose which side to go on (Light Realm or Dark Realm) which I guess makes you a bit lost? idk @-@ but I call it “Link between two Realms”
Lore: The Realm of Darkness has been overcome with corruption. To stop the corrupted creatures from entering The Realm of Light, the creatures of light formed an invisible barrier to keep the creatures at bay, but the corruption still gets through… Is this the end for The Realm of Light? How can the corruption be defeat? Next time on Dragon Ball Z.
Are you a Veteran Winner [Y/N]: N
Screenshot:

http://imgur.com/sgmWUaB

Looks like I’ll give this a try!
In-game Name: tough
Character House Name: tough
Questions/Comments: This is gonna go badly for me, but why not try eh? I hope everyone else works to the best of their ability and gets what they deserve!
Are You A Veteran Winner?: Nope.
Screenshot:

WIP

I can’t remember when I last entered one of these but it was really fun so count me in again.~

In-game Name: trekker
Character House Name: trekker
Questions/Comments: -
Are you a Veteran Winner [Y/N]: N

Map Tale: An unusual find, these “ruins”. Nobody seems to know who built them and why they’re out in the middle of nowhere. You wouldn’t even notice them below the clouds, only climbing could find this place. There’s no way of knowing how long this has been empty for, but based on the damages and growth of vegetation, it’s long overdue to be explored. Theories have risen regarding the residents, could they left of their own accord? Were they driven out by someone -or something- else? Perhaps they’re still living inside. Throughout all of the mysteries and lore, both real and fictional, one undeniable fact is this: it’s pretty to look at.

(Weather is sunny and lighting is set to 15 in-game)
Screenshot:

I keep reading “Lost” as “Loss” and I’m a memer so in light of that, here’s my super serious entry for the contest.

(Disclaimer, this isn’t actually my entry, it’s just 5:20am and I’ve been out of whack lately)