PMU Skin Database (Application)

This post made me think… Why shouldn"t there be a skin database? Well, now there is! It has all the working skins (A lot aren"t working due to megaupload.com being shutdown and Mediafire keys expiring), referencing the list by Kirk (http://pmuniverse.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5557). Currently, there are 56 available skins, but more can be added if new ones are made or the broken link ones are reuploaded. If I missed yours, PM me and I"ll add it! Someday, I hope there will be so many that the database will be filled! (and I"ll just make another account :joy: )

Latest Version: 1.5.1

How to update:
Extract .exe and Resources folder into old folder, replacing the old items and merging folders.

Screenshot:

Help needed!

I have only tested the application on Windows 10. It should work on every version PMU works on, but I need testers so I can be sure. Download it, and report back what OS you"re using and the results. Thank you!

Download and source:

Download v1.5.1: Release Database addition v1.5.1 · DeltaJordan/PMUSkinDatabase · GitHub
Source: GitHub - DeltaJordan/PMUSkinDatabase: A entirely new skin database for PMDO written from the one I created for PMU!

Disclaimer:

The developer and program is in no way affiliated with the PMU developing team. This program is fully open source and can be viewed at the link in the spoiler above. None of the skins in the application are the work of the developer. All credit has been displayed after their respective skins. Any skin will be removed at the request of the designer. (PM me with a removal request). The developer is not responsible for any mishaps to the computer this program is used on (like the program does anything that could harm it). Although the hallway seems short, the cake is a lie and I still can"t find my marbles.

Woah, looks pretty cool. :>:D:

Will check it out.

Yep, it indeed looks good! I use Windows 8, gonna test it in a bit c:

Ooh, looking nice! This had to be a bit of work - good job O:

So! The program works fine in Windows 8, BUT the client doesn’t read my skins.

I tried Erica’s skin Aerial Avians and Flare’s last skin, hmm. I’m pretty sure it’s not a problem with the application but rather the skins files type? Weird.

That skin is absolutely ancient and I used a Mac to make it. Mac compressing -> windows de-compressing makes for some funky stuff. Might be why.

:?: That’s strange… I just tested both of them and they worked (using the app of course)

Screens:

Before testing again, there is a bug if the skin has already been applied, it will crash. Just go into skins folder, and delete all folders except “Main Theme”.

Usual path to skins (X is your drive letter): X:/Program Files/Pokemon Mystery Universe/Client/Client/Skins/

That skin is absolutely ancient and I used a Mac to make it. Mac compressing -> windows de-compressing makes for some funky stuff. Might be why.[/quote]

Yes I know, I don’t have any skins in my skins file.

Now, I had a window’s update and the program directly freeze without letting me choose any screen. My client is also freshly reinstalled since I have a bug ingame (Which now doesn’t get fixed by reinstalling).

Hmm. Anyone else with Win8 wants to give it a try?

I realized what you did wrong! (Sorry for the double post, new members require 5 verified posts before they(we) can post freely). Instead of using “Find Skin”, click “Main Theme” and the application will detect the new skin imported by this application.

Important Things:
There is an update! Check original download link.

Another important update released! Fixed Ozibox not correctly hosting files.

Some quick updates:

My status:
I will be on vacation until Sunday, so some special features that I have planned will have to wait.

Special Features:

• [li]I realized that the “Skin Directory” by Kirk is really outdated, since I am only on the 3rd page on the Skin topic and I found over 15 new ones :x.x: These will be added (and more) after I’m back [*]I will add a feature to apply a skin after its downloaded. This is so people aren’t :@~@: by my poor directions, and its kinda nice that the user dosen’t have to manually do it.

I’m excited to get back, and I hope you are too! :joy:

Another update, but this one’s huge!

okay… maybe not that big…

New Features

• [li]There are 30 skins :joy: :D :x.x: []The application will apply the skin for you! This means no more confusing directions :joy: []PMU can be run from the application. Now you can see what the skin looks like without leaving the program!

More skins are coming soon, since I stopped on page 3 of the “Skins” topic. If any of you can think of something missing from the application (like a feature) let me know! Otherwise, I can’t think of anything, other than Caterpies that might crop up and more skins.

Get it? Caterpies a bug? And bugs in programs? Hah hah… :sad: :":

One request from me:
I deleted my “Main Theme” folder by axewdent, if someone could zip it up and send it to me that would be great! :joy:

Version 1.5 has been released! All 55 working skins have been added.

Release Notes:
[hr][/hr][ul][li]Now has a whopping 55 skins![]Fixed bugs with Legendary Skin and Sekia Skin.[]This will be the final build unless more skins are created or more bugs are found. All working Skins have been added.[/ul][/li]
Help Needed
[hr][/hr]I need people like you to test this on all versions of Windows 7+. I need to check compatibility since I created this program on Windows 10. I also need to help finding bugs. I tested all skins, but I may have missed a broken one, or a bug with other things. Otherwise, this will be the final build unless someone creates a new one. Thank you all who have tested and will test in the future!

This is JordantheBuizel, AKA MiningGardevoir, signing out :joy:

Thank you again for doing this! I made your thread sticky to prevent it to get lost and so everyone can use your app! :D

Release Notes:
Added Serperior & Samurott by Asch

How to update:
Extract .exe and Resources folder into old folder, replacing the old items and merging folders.

Where to download?
Go to the original post and read everything. If you have downloaded before, just go here.

On a totally related note, another Buizel for you!:

[spoilerTo Coki:1n66xsrw]

Thank you and its no problem! Just trying to make the universe of Pokémon better, one line of code at a time :joy:

[/details]