Moves for my Pokemon Diamond Team

Hiya, I’m playing Pokémon Diamond and I’m trying to train for the last Gym, I have Gardevoir, Lucario, Crobat, Empoleon, Dialga and Uxie on my Team, any ideas for Movesets for my team? :D

Grind until you’re confident you can easily take on Volkner. The DPP series is easily one of the hardest generations of Pokemon, but it shouldn’t be too hard if you level properly.

Since legendaries are hard to level, I would put all my time into Gardevoir and Lucario who are relatively good sweepers with high bases that should carry you. You want to refrain from using Empoleon and Crobat because of their weaknesses to Electric.

Gardevoir should have special based moves such as Psychic and Energy Ball, perhaps even Calm Mind if you’re that kind of person. Lucario can run either special or physical, but depending on your stat distribution, choose whatever works best for you.

Both both, considering they don’t really have access to Ground type moves, it’s best just to use STAB moves for maximum damage.

Grind until you’re confident you can easily take on Volkner. The DPP series is easily one of the hardest generations of Pokemon, but it shouldn’t be too hard if you level properly.

Since legendaries are hard to level, I would put all my time into Gardevoir and Lucario who are relatively good sweepers with high bases that should carry you. You want to refrain from using Empoleon and Crobat because of their weaknesses to Electric.

Gardevoir should have special based moves such as Psychic and Energy Ball, perhaps even Calm Mind if you’re that kind of person. Lucario can run either special or physical, but depending on your stat distribution, choose whatever works best for you.

Both both, considering they don’t really have access to Ground type moves, it’s best just to use STAB moves for maximum damage.[/quote]
Thank u, I’ll see if I can get Calm Mind back on Gardevoir and Idk where to get Energy Ball for Gardevoir, but I have Wish and Destiny Bond on Gardevoir and I also have Focus Blast, since I got a Ralts with Destiny Bond from My Soul Silver game. :D

TM Energy Ball is in Route 226 by the way.

Anyway, for the 8th gym just follow Agu’s advice. Leave Empoleon and Crobat out of the battle definitely.

Gardevoir might be a bit of an issue to use though due to it’s frail defenses. However, if you can get a couple of calm minds off and outspeed Pokemon you have a pretty solid chance. p:
Also, I don’t recommend Destiny Bond at all. I wouldn’t even go as far to have Wish either, but that’s what I would do. Calm Mind + Focus Blast + Psychic and another move is your call. (Thunderbolt imo is good).

Yay, another person who also uses Uxie!
Uxie is a bit tricky to use when you first get it, lol. It’s pretty much fine as it is once you get it. But keep in mind that it’s used to be a tank with it’s high defenses. If you don’t have TM Psychic for Uxie, then just leave it with Extrasensory. It’s all it really needs.

Lucario is by far one of the best Pokemon throughout Sinnoh in my opinion, so good choice getting it. :o
Lucario works as a both physical and special attacker. I have a list of moves that I personally enjoy giving it. Though it’s your choice on what sort of attacker you want it to be. (It could even be both if you desperately want it to!).

Moveset(s) on Lucario:
~Close Combat / Aura Sphere
~Psychic / Earthquake
~Dark Pulse / Shadow ball
~Extremespeed / Me First

You can also go with a Close Combat too which can be used for sweeping. But it’s a bit of an risk; especially with Lucario isn’t known for it’s defenses.

Dialga… well, Dialga. Not much really needs to be said about that. :p

That being said, you should already be set. Uxie and Dialga can easily do the 8th gym themselves. Though I think some Pokemon have Crunch, so keep a heads up for that when you use Uxie and Gardevoir.

Good luck!

I will add, if you outspeed, Destiny Bond can be used as a last-resort move. Right before you die, bond with enemy for a secured KO.

It’s one of the more versatile and reliable sweepers you’ll get in Sinnoh. Keep it! Also, if you’re not reliably one or two shotting with Lucario, you can always swap out to get rid of the Close Combat debuffs. Switch to Dialga to tank, rip through remaining HP, and switch back when prompted.

My Luxray expertise will tell you that Luxray can learn crunch. Volkner’s Luxray has:

• Thunder Fang
  • Charge Beam
  • Thunder Wave
  • Crunch

I wouldn’t be concerned about Charge Beam since Luxray’s best asset isn’t its Special Attack, but it will do a LOT of damage with Crunch and Thunder Fang, especially if they are super effective. Luxray has a base ATK of 120 so prepare yourself.

Alternatively, if you’re still VERY unsure about this battle, you can always set up on his weaker Pokemon, stack buffs with stat boost moves or even X Attack/Whatevers.

Omg a lot of these are very helpful thank u. :D But the Elite Four is going to be rough but I’ll save that until later but I’ll use the money and Get Items and also I’m going to train a lot. :D