Dezel's Maps

Last updated on the 23/10/2016

Mapping is something that I have loved since I first started, and would go to my house and change it every day trying to improve and get other people to assist me with basics like the layers and tilesets.
Since then I’ve tried to become a bit more independent and do maps by myself thanks to the players who inspired me to map a lot in the first place! So I thought to myself, why not post them on the Forum? Over time, I could see my improvements and just thought it would be really fun, so why not. o:

Note:
I have hit Master Rank so I’ll be able to expand my house as much as I possibly can. I’ll also try and expand it ASAP so I get a better base to work with. x)

[spoilerSavannah Hils:wk1xpe8c]
Music Used: Route 19 (summer) from: Pokemon B/W2
This is my first house that I ever did by myself with the tips given to me by friends and players on the game. Due to limited space, detail was a bit of a pain. (And yes I"m aware there"s some grass patches that should be on mask and not mask 2, with the bottom of the cliffs that should be on mask 2 instead.) Overall I was quite pleased. ^w^

[/details]

[spoilerAquamarine Shore:wk1xpe8c]

Music Used: Route 19 (summer) from: Pokemon B/W 2
My first expanded house! Had real fun mapping this and already had this planned. I liked how the mountains came out.~ The beach was somewhat difficult to make due to the fact I didn"t exactly know what to add. xD; Hope it"s an improvement!

[/details]
[spoilerGarnet Shore:wk1xpe8c]
Music Used: Friend Area ~ Pond (PMD1)
Was pretty bored so I compiled lots of different tiles on one little island floating across the water. It"s a bit of a mess but I don"t think it looks too bad. Again, working with a small house is a lot more difficult than I imagined. I have ideas for when I expand it a bit at least! I probably shouldn"t have over done it trying to give it a lot of detail, but whatever.

[/details]

[spoilerEmerald Route:wk1xpe8c][thumb]https://s32.postimg.org/ndwex9kxx/current_house_route.png[/thumb]
Music used: Route 112 summer

[/details]

[spoilerMt. Jade:wk1xpe8c]

Music used: Oceanic Museum (ORAS)
Probably my best map, waterfalls are debatable but wanted to give out that tropical and radiant vibe. xD;

[/details]

[spoilerFall Mapping Contest House:wk1xpe8c][thumb]http://oi66.tinypic.com/2m3ll36.jpg[/thumb]
My submitted house for the mapping contest this fall~

[/details]

I was bored and decided to map my house once again. I sorta hated this house at first but when I filled in all the pieces, I didn’t think it looked too b ad actually. ovo; Excuse if there’s a few errors, I haven’t gone through it properly. The most common error is probably missing corners.
Depending how much of a mapping mood I’m in, I’ll try my best to finish maps and upload them here as much as possible. ^w^ Feel free to give any constructive criticism, and / or suggestions and feedback! Thanks!

Hi Dezel! I like your maps! They’re quite small and comfy looking~ I’d like to make a few small suggestions though that might help you in your mapping career. First off, try experimenting with different tiles and details more! I like how your maps have detail to them, but it sort of lacks variation which sometimes can make a map bland. If you add different types of flowers and such, it’ll definitely look more interesting! Try also making the rivers and cliffs less square! It is strange to see land forms in geometric shapes isn’t it? :'D Anyways, keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing more! :joy:

Woah, Awesome! Also included corners, something I forgot completely at first! Feedback? I know! The middle waterfall in Savannah Hills should fall into the closest ground under it. Have fun and realise your mapping ideas!

Pretty awesome maps by a newbie! My mapping skill sucked when i was newish. Congrat i liked them C:

Wow, lots of input and feedback, thank you all so much!

Thanks for your input! I understand what you mean by the cliffs. Due to lack of space I couldn’t really add much variety of a shaped river unfortunately. :c But hey, hopefully this will all change once I expand my house. Thanks for your feedback and i’ll definitely take your advice on board!

Thank you both very much! ;o;

Another map added; Aquamarine Shore~ first expanded house. Thoughts?
(For those who can’t see the full image, right click it -> Copy Link Location and then Paste it)

Some suggestions / thoughts:

1. I think you should continue the cliffs off screen in the top left corner.
  2. I think you should connect the cliffs that go OVER the river in the top middle of the map.
  3. I think the cliff formation on the more right side of the top middle of the map should also continue off screen.
  4. The more yellow-y mounds of sand on the beach look a bit out of place with the stark white sand of the rest of the beach.

Otherwise, I really enjoy your selection of tiles for this map and the river looks really good and well placed. >:)
10/10 would vacation here.

Keep up the good work and happy mapping!

Aww, what a peaceful place! Did you know you could make the image into a link embedded image using thumb, /thumb instead of img, /img? It’s so useful! Provided the screenshot is gotten by going /edithouse then Take Screenshot of course, so you get the enitre house in one screenshot.

edit: then again, this way you can at least see part of the house easily, so it works too. Ah well.

Some suggestions / thoughts:

1. I think you should continue the cliffs off screen in the top left corner.
  2. I think you should connect the cliffs that go OVER the river in the top middle of the map.
  3. I think the cliff formation on the more right side of the top middle of the map should also continue off screen.
  4. The more yellow-y mounds of sand on the beach look a bit out of place with the stark white sand of the rest of the beach.

Otherwise, I really enjoy your selection of tiles for this map and the river looks really good and well placed. >:)
10/10 would vacation here.

Keep up the good work and happy mapping![/quote]
Hi, thanks for your tips! I’ll surely make sure to work on them when I expand my house. c:
I know about the sand part, and to be quite honest it was a bit of a gamble. I wasn’t too happy with it myself but I didn’t want it lacking in detail. ;;

Ah, okay! I’ll try it out the next map I upload then. I was a bit confused, ahah. xD;

Thank you all so much for your support! ;w; <3

[thumb]https://s32.postimg.org/ndwex9kxx/current_house_route.png[/thumb]

New map added.~
I’m aware that I should start using more tiles in the tileset list, but it’s a bit iffy to work with when you use different tiles for the first time. I’ll be practicing with them today though. Not sure what ideas will come to mind but hopefully it’s not bad. xD

[thumb]http://i63.tinypic.com/2m51idl.png[/thumb]

Most recent house:
Music Used: Oceanic Museum (ORAS)
Name of House: Mt. Jade

Probably my favorite house I’ve made so far, real motivator especially since new tiles. Waterfalls there are debatable I know but I wanted to give more of a exotic and radiant vibe to the map. xD;
Thoughts?

Quick update on a new house~
[thumb]http://oi66.tinypic.com/2m3ll36.jpg[/thumb]

Fall Mapping Contest house, decided to add it here since it’s still something that I mapped. :la:

Nice maps I love mt Jade the color contrast is magnifique! :P

Thanks, Mr Moo! I appreciate it!~

These are nice, I like how they are named after gems too!

Thank you! That’s what happens when you can’t think of many names. xD

I love the maps. they are so cool!!!

hands a cookie.

Thanks, Rai!
slowly noms away the cookie

Ohhh it’s been a long time since I’ve done a map. Made this a bit ago on an alt. ~