Artmax's ban

Minimal knowledge has been revealed about this. Silk told me Artmax’s ban was an accumulation but he was never warned. You mean to tell me this whole time Artmax was breaking rules by FREEDOM OF SPEECH, and no staff ever cared to warn him? Instead they let his so called “crimes” add up until it was enough to perma mute/ban him? Staff told us they sent Artmax a PM about his perma ban, but Artmax tells me he never received it. But he doesn’t care anymore at this point because I guess Artmax has seemingly been getting screwed over by staff for a long time. I just find it interesting that Mad held a grudge on Artmax for some unknown reason, just weeks before Artmax’s perma ban. I’ve seen from several sources that harassment, and or “roasting” is a warnable offense, regardless if the individual was offended or not.

Artmax’s warn said this; “You were muted for constantly implying sexual things in the chat, implying swears, harrassing staff and causing drama in global/game and for pushing the rules on a wide number of occasions as well as threatening.”

SO IN CONCLUSION. Every single person on PMU can be perma muted / banned randomly without question. (Slight exaggeration) But think about it, technically A HUGE PORTION OF THE COMMUNITY does this. Some on higher scales than others. Either way I think we all know that PMU’s community can be HEAVILY toxic. If we applied the same logic Artmax got towards his ban, to every ban, you would literally be able to ban like 45% of PMU’s population. Even i could be banned if this logic is applied. Should I be worried? Might I wake up tomorrow perma muted in-game? I just think Artmax’s ban was by far the least justified of any ban I have ever seen.

Please feel free to clear some things up about this topic, I think we deserve more information about this.

Actually, ArtMax did receive a message by a staff member regarding his perma-ban sending screenies and reasons attached to it. To he honest, he believed the evidence was weak. Staff are just trying to collect enough excuses to get rid of ArtMax’s presence. This is why people tell staffs why they listen to ArtMax, and it’s mainly because they just do it out of curiosity. You don’t need to speak on behalf of ArtMax because I bet you a staff is going to tell you that he can just write out a ban appeal and bam the topic is locked. It was a bit unfair that he was permamuted then permabanned without actually sending the message of evidence within enough time. Leaving staff an opportunity to eliminate his presence in time, thus more drama arose.

I feel like I"m disregarding the topic… thought, thing"s have lately been pretty calm for a good while… I know not many people are happy with this decision, especially friends involved, we can complain all day about it, gripe, moan, attack the community (etc.) what"s done has been done, sure maybe the chances of Art ever being accepted back (if any desire on his/her part) are incredibly slim… what I really hope for is a good lesson out of Art"s ban coming out of staff and players alike, like knowing when to say enough is enough before letting things get too far, avoiding toxic players and conversations… (obviously the convo part will be the toughest one because first of all the game being F2P and well… the age group, and no BS filter) but hopefully a good system that has proof and keeps track of players mistakes that way something does happen we know how and why things where handled the way they were, as well record of official PMU rules being broken, we as players might respond strongly if the banned individual is our own friend, but at the same time its a good knowledge base of what not to do… if you read it in the first place.

Do not click the “show” button as it contains my own opinion of Art, I will only reply to PM’s sent directly to me over my opinion, I will not respond to forum replies if you feel obligated to defend you friend! consider your self warned!

[i]I know very little of Art besides watching conversations becoming stirred up or leaving a nice welcome bait to any one in the surrounding area who feel"s offended or has a need to say something to his comments (leading to more and more getting involved) I"m surprised with the amount of headaches Art dishes out on stuff he/she desires, (obviously because he/she probably worked on it hard) but I"m more impressed with the staff dealing with it for a good while, almost a lot of the arguments that I saw coming from him/she had to reach a [GLOBAL] state and almost going on for a good half hour with no resolution, it made me wonder what was the point…? (especially since almost every one taking his/her bait and joining in the [GLOBAL] rage that Art took over or started, to make things even worse every one taking part of it is in the [LOCAL] area… wait what…?)

I"m in no way comparing my self to “Art” (obviously we are both not the same when it comes to what we have done for the fan-game) despite the amount of time we both have (I"m an old player of PMU, just a lot more quiet, preferably working on back ground stuff) hes/she managed to get him self in enough residual trouble to get them self banned…? ppfft! the only thing I"ve gotten in trouble for was telling some one what I “thought” was the truth to reaching a specific location or dungeon, being warned on the spot for “lying” and “misleading” and not to do it again… though back to Art… the kind of person I saw him/she was a person with great ambition, sadly misused in a wrong way due to being rather… exertive, especially towards his very own STAFF friends (if any) putting full focus on small to large tasks that upon completion Art had to take things into his/her own hands and share the discoveries with another staff that he/she knew could implement his/her very own changes and get away with it, in a normal local chat between Art and a single staff member I have never seen them ever say “no Art” “post the idea on forums” instead they listen and change the game… obviously the changes were there to possibly balance out the game and make it fun and fair, but why not do it the correct way? fear of reprisal? why skip a line of people who have followed the correct method of posting their ideas/opinions and get a chance to contribute? and in the end when things don"t go his/her way, he/she still doesn"t post anything about it and continues about their own method for attention, negative attention from what I saw…

I may sound like I"m arguing over Art but take it for what its worth, especially since its only what “I” saw and experienced being around this type of person, I"m not the kind of person that gets headaches, so why get them all of a sudden when hes/she"s around…

Please know that this was all based off what I saw In-game and chat log"s between staff and Art…

P.S. It was a nice release.[/i]

I see where you are coming from Charika, I have thoroughly considered a lot of your opinions on Artmax. I can’t say some of those points are not true, but the most humane thing to do for someone like Artmax was at the very least just mute him. NOTHING he did was worth him getting banned for. None of the screenshots that Flurry sent Artmax, accumulated or not, was the equivalent to him permanently getting banned from the game. It just makes no sense whatsoever. If they banned Artmax for the things they banned him for, then I could be banned a million times over, along with other individual players.

You can’t forget about me getting permamuted the morning I woke up, the same day Art ggot permamuted, they sent me an awfully vague “warning by staff”, I contacted Scizivire, he told me some kind of bs about the EULA rules about how staff can perma-mute someone without the need of evidence (very good law rules ikr), and the sad thing is: Scizivire’s been lying all the time! I’ve told him to show the the “rule” in the EULA rules, he hasn’t responded, should Scizivire get at least warned for misleading? Nah-- he’s staff, staff are pure.
I’m expecting a huge roast thread from ArtMax, I’m hoping it’s going to shed some light on staff activity.

Hi.

If you have any questions about Artmax’s ban you can ask him yourself. We gave him our reasoning and we provided evidence. Making a thread really won’t get you answers - you’re better off messaging him directly.

Personally I feel that anything related to Artmax’s ban is none of anyone else’s business than the staff and Artmax. If you want to know more you can have a chat with Artmax… by all means.

Making a thread will most likely cause drama and I honestly wonder if threads like these should be allowed anymore.

Artmax knows if he has any concerns or questions that he can contact us whenever he pleases.