Whimsy
    Items Emolga

Dungeon Level Guide for Beginners

"Which dungeons can I go to at lvl x?"

Let this guide answer you!

A guide for beginners and intermediate PMU explorers
    for levels 1 to 49

How to use this guide

Example: "Level 15 - 19" means you should be at least around those levels. So if you"re a lvl 15 grass type, try the water type dungeon Happiness Lake. Or you can go at lvl 19, it"s up to you how challenging it gets! And you might faint first time, but keep trying!

Now where is Happiness Lake? The guide will say "north of Grassroot Town". Then use the PMU map to find each dungeon, made by RickyPDC:

Map by RickyPDC
    http://pmuniverse.net/forum/showthre...pmu+map+redone

By the way, some PMU basics:

• Type /commands and /rules in the PMU game chat to get some basic commands and rules.
    • Always Bring an Escape Orb Or Two!
      They can be bought at Grassroot Town Kecleon shop.
    • Find the mission board at the north-eastern corner of Grassroot Town! Missions are the only way to obtain some rewards such as increased inventory space.

Dungeons by your level!

Levels 1 to 29
    lvl 1 - 4
    Pebble Cave: south and very close to Grassroot Town, varied types.

Seaside Cavern: south-east of Grassroot Town, water types.

lvl 5 - 9
    Bronze Training Dojo: In Marowak"s Training Dojo in Grassroot Town, north-western corner, varied types.
    Restriction! You can"t bring items.

lvl 10 - 14
    Tiny Grotto: south-west of Grassroot Town, grass types. To get to part 2, you need to have beaten Cliffside Cave, a lvl 25 - 29 dungeon! Part 2 is still within levels 10 to 14.
    Caution! You can easily get paralyzed or poisoned. Try bring 3 Pecha Berries there, they can be bough from Grassroot Town Kecleon Shop, but Cheri Berries need to be found in dungeon (haven"t confirmed there are Cheri Berries in this dungeon).

Sour Root Cave: north-east of Grassroot Town, bug, poison and grass types.
    Caution! You can get poisoned easily. Try bring 3 Pecha Berries there, they can be bought in Grassroot Town Kecleon shop.
    Info! This is where you find HM Cut. If you want to complete the dungeon, you need someone with this move and be prepared for a tough boss in the end!

lvl 15 - 19
    Sunny Hillside: north-west of Grassroot Town, types are varied and include fire and flying types.

Happiness Lake: north of Grassroot Town, water, flying and some grass types.
    Recommendation! There are Ducklett eggs in the water, so if you wish to hatch a Ducklett bring a water, flying, ghost type or someone with the ability Levitate!

lvl 20 - 24
    Jailbreak Tunnel: north-east of Grassroot Town, types vary and include steel and poison.
    Caution! You can get poisoned or paralyzed. As mentioned, Pecha Berries can be bough from the Kecleon Shop, but Cheri Berries need to be found in dungeon (for now).
    Also, there are multiple exits, so called "fake exits" are on floors 3, 6, 9 and 12.
    Requirement! HM Cut from Sour Root Cave.

Island Garden: east of Grassroot Town, types vary and include grass types.
    Caution! You can get poisoned or paralyzed. As mentioned, Pecha Berries can be bough from the Kecleon Shop, but Cheri Berries need to be found in dungeon (for now). Also, Chatot and Exeguttor are very strong and they almost make the dungeon a lvl 25 - 29.
    Requirement! HM Cut from Sour Root Cave.

lvl 25 - 29
    Winden Pass: far north of Grassroot Town, actually it"s the connection to the Winden region! Mostly Steel and normal types.
    Caution! It"ll likely hail later in the dungeon, that means you take damage for every step you take! It"s difficult to do anything about it for now.
    Recommendation! You can find TM Rest in this dungeon, on floors 6F+. With that, you can cure poison and paralysis and survive hail and a lot more!
    Requirement! HM Cut.

Cliffside Cave: north-west of Grassroot Town, including ground, poison and rock types.
    Caution! Have some way to damage defensive rock/ground dual types. Also, you can get poisoned easily, so bring 3 pecha berries. As mentioned, they can be bought at the Kecleon Shop in Grassroot town. Also, there"ll be a boss. If you beat it, don"t forget to find the sparkling wall (which is right above a warp going out of the dungeon!), and get a tablet from that wall by pressing the Enter key while facing it.
    Requirement! HM Cut or, if you take a sneaky path, a water, flying, ghost type or someone with the ability Levivate to cross water!

Info! If you beat Cliffside Cave and obtained the Engraved Tablet you can now access the Evolution Place: Luminous Chamber, north-west of Grassroot Town. The place outside of the chamber is called Faded Meadow.[/spoiler:2ii5zs9l]

Levels 30 to 39
    lvl 30 - 39
    (because these dungeons fit both 30-34 and 35-39 range for various reasons)

Mt. Skylift: far north-west of Grassroot Town, this is a flying type dungeon, though prepare for bug type moves too.
    Info! This is considered as a training dungeon! This means it"s easier than usual to find others wanting to join you on a training run in this dungeon, since there"s consensus this dungeon lets you level up fast. If you go without a party for the first time, being below lvl 35 might be hard but it"s possible.
    Upon completion, you obtain HM Fly. With this HM you can take a shortcut to other regions like Winden. You can find a spot to use the move Fly at the north-eastern corner of Grassroot Town.

Winden Forest: slightly north then west of Snowbasin Town in Winden, varied types including ice and water types. The first part suits lvl 30-34, while the second part, Deep Winden Forest, suits lvl 35-39.

lvl 30 - 34
    Silver Training Dojo: In Marowak"s Training Dojo in north-western corner of Grassroot Town, with mostly electric, but also steel and ground types.
    Recommendation! Find a cheri scarf in this dungeon, making the holder immune to paralysis.

Thunderstorm Forest: east of Grassroot Town, mainly electric types but prepare for taking on rock type moves too.
    Info! In the second part, Deep Thunderstorm Forest, there are very rare invisible Dedenne eggs which might sparkle inside walls or in water. (Dedenne might also drop these eggs due to having the ability Pickup, but Dedenne eggs are very rare!)
    Requirement! HM Cut.

Tanren Tunnel: Note! you need HM Rock Smash from Sauna Cavern, a level 35-59 dungeon, as well as HM Cut. Tanren Tunnel is far north-east of Grassroot Town, with ground, poison and rock types. This is the connection to the Tanren Region!

Mineral Cavern: Note! you need HM Rock Smash from Sauna Cavern, a level 35-59 dungeon, as well as HM Cut. Mineral Cavern is far west then south of Grassroot Town, with water and ground types.
    Info! You can find HM Surf upon completion. There will be two exits. The upper pathway warps you out of the dungeon, while the lower pathway lets you reach a bridge. If you use Surf on the bridge, you reach the South Outpost Island. So bring someone who can learn the move Surf to reach this island!
    Recommendation! You could save this dungeon until reaching at least level 45, since if you also beat Southern Sea, a difficult lvl 45-49 dungeon, you unlock a shortcut to South Outpost Island. The shortcut is accessed by using Surf on the bridge close to the entrance to Mineral Cavern.

lvl 35 - 39
    Honeydrop Meadow: north of Grassroot Town, mostly bug types but prepare for grass and poison type damage as well.
    Info! If you find a secret room and it"s dusk or dawn, you need to use the item Honey to spawn one Pinsir at dusk or one Scyther at dawn,
    Requirement! HM Cut.

Sauna Cavern: the dungeon is in Snowbasin Town. You need to find the Winden Town Hall, a rock building at the northern corner of Snowbasin Town, below the Winden Kecleon Shop. Take a ladder to the right in the Town Hall to find Winden Sauna. Types start as varied and transitions to ground, rock and fire.
    Requirement! This is where you find HM Rock Smash after beating a tough boss. To compete the dungeon, you need bring someone with this move to proceed to an even more difficult part, Sauna Cavern Depths, where an even greater boss awaits. Also, there may be items in lava. Fire, flying, ghost types and ability Levitate are able to travel on lava (but you may get burned).

Pitch Black Abyss: far north-west of Grassroot Town. This is a set level dungeon, meaning you are set to a certain level temporarily, and you get no exp yield. Your objective in this special dungeon is to find good items.
    Restriction! you can"t bring any items.
    Requirement! HM Rock Smash from Sauna Cavern.

Crystal Ruins: north of Snowbasin Town in Winden, you can find an ice type dungeon which is actually dangerous for someone under lvl 40. But this is the one of the earlier ways you can recruit a ghost type. Gastly appear starting at floors 11+, recruitable and mostly under level 13. However, if you are detected by Regice, run for your life to the next floor! This dungeon has a second part, Crystal Castle, which is usually too difficult for someone under lvl 40.
    Requirement! HM Rock Smash from Sauna Cavern.[/spoiler:2ii5zs9l]

Levels 40 to 49
    lvl 40 - 49
    Gritty Hollow: far east of Grassroot Town, this dungeon has both very weak and very powerful spawns. The first part (up to floor 13), can be done already at lvl 25-29. However the second part includes high level Snorlax and Excadrill, alongside normal, bug and fighting types. You might want to avoid the Snorlax and Excadrill until reaching lvl 45+.
    Recommendation! There are some items and very rare hidden Munchlax eggs in walls. So you might want to bring a ghost type. Alternatively, this dungeon has many Mobile Orbs which temporarily makes the user able to cross walls like a ghost type. Also, there are All Protect Orbs which are very useful for future challenges and Monster Houses. So try stock up on these orbs from this dungeon.
    Requirement! HM Cut.

lvl 40 - 44
    Gold Training Dojo: the final dungeon in Marowak"s Dojo in Grassroot Town. Varied types including fighting types.
    Recommendation! There is a rare change of Cubone eggs in walls on floors 8 to 10, or Meditite eggs in water on floors 11 to 13. So you might want to bring a ghost type.

Beach Bunker: a dungeon in the Tanren Region, located south of Tanren City. The types are varied but mostly water and rock.
    Recommendation! You may find reviver seeds behind walls or in water, so bringing a ghost type might be useful.

lvl 45 - 49
    Winden Training Dojo (east path): in the Winden Dojo, west of Snowbasin Town, fighting and ice types. Floors 1-14 is more for lvls 35-39. On floor 15, you can take either east or west path. West path is harder than east path. Note! You can also switch to west path on floors 18, 21, 23 and 26. The stairs which point to the right are for continuing on the east path.

Southern Sea: south-east of Grassroot town and you also need to go through Mineral Cavern (a lvl 30-34 dungeon), use HM Surf and reach the South Outpost Island. Southern Sea entrance is on a bridge on the island. Even it it"s a water type dungeon, be prepared for ice type moves along with Goldeen and Seaking with the ability Lightingrod, which nullifies electric moves! In fact, floors 29 to 38 are very challenging and almost for lvls 50-54.
    Info! If you beat Southern Sea, you gain access to a shortcut to South Outpost Island. The shortcut means you won"t need to beat Mineral Cavern to reach the island.[/spoiler:2ii5zs9l]

For levels 50+

This is where the guide ends for now! There is a list of dungeons on the PMU wikia: Dungeons. A very rough estimate of what level you could be before attempting to complete a dungeon, is to be at least the max NPC level. For example, On the Happiness Lake site, it should say level range is up to 14. So make an attempt at lvl 15. Going lower leveled than that works too, you decide how challenging it gets!

I also made a somewhat ordered list of dungeons, where I try to guess how the rest of the dungeons can be ordered in difficulty.

About this guide

This guide is intended for someone's first run of PMU dungeons. It covers mainly:
    • Which levels you could be for a dungeon
    • In which order you could complete dungeons
    • Some dungeon-specific information to get more out of an exploration
    Last edited by Whimsy; 04-15-2017 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Forum change fix

Re: "Which dungeon do I go to now?" For Beginners! wip

this is the best thing ever. i support >:D

Blog Entries
    Items Pikachu

Yep, helpful! :D
    I have joined PMU around 2015 but made my forum account in 2016. My first character was Pikachu386 and soon I changed my name into PikachuTheElectric
    after PikachuTheElectric it was Raibolt. But now, a Hotcake

Banner by DarkMatter

In-game
    Suzzy The Grovyle
    Blog Entries

Love this idea! <3
    I might have disorders but that doesn't make me stupid, but if u want to call me stupid, your the one who is stupid, and bullying other people who has mental problems, is the wrong thing to do because we all have problems and we should respect them for being with us.

Avatar made by ArchyTheArc but was fixed up by Leafysaur

Discord: Suanne Keller#7583

Very handy! :D

In-game
    Coki
    Items Usertitle StylePiplupTorchic

This is great! Keep them comming Whimsy!
    Discord: Coki#1021 | Lvl 100s count: 4 | I ate your birb seeds
    New to PMU? Check our Beginner's Guide out!

In-game
    Boruto
    Blog Entries
    Items RaltsEevee

This is really cool, Whimsy! Good job, I hope to see more!

20-40 should be skylift

In-game
    Clairen
    Blog Entries

Re: Dungeon Level Guide for Beginners

Daaang. You should create a youtube account and record videos with your voice just like richardg does.
    ♦♦♦