Server Downtime & Maintenance [Back Up]

Downtime: 15 Sept "16
[hr][/hr]
Good day everyone, I hope you’re all doing well and enjoying your explorations.

The server’s going to be down for possibly a few more hours (or more), as I continue to clear up a few chunks of space, caused by some unnecessary logs. The way PMU currently stores logs isn’t the best, exact replicas of the same files are created which take up incredible space. Needless to say, the chat will break again if we don’t deal with this shortage of space, particularly a long term solution. Additionally, I’m also looking into back ups, as our back up tool crashed and I may resort to creating personal back ups as well as online back ups to multiple servers with different locations on a regular basis. We’ve managed to achieve a fair bit this year, and it would be in our best interests to avoid losing all of that hard work.

We want to avoid another rollback as experienced earlier. Each time the physical machine is restarted (~28 days) to prevent the time from breaking, a bit of data is lost. Primarily because the database is updated on session expiry. Previously, the /saveall command would save offline clients as well, but this has proven to be untrue lately. May also push an update for some features we have in store.

Thank you for your patience.

The server is now back up.

Aw, I hope it comes back on soon! I hope I don’t lose anything.

I hope u can fix the Server :D

Aw, we all don’t mind waiting i’m sure if we get a decent result in the end

Good luck to you all!

Best of luck!

Just like these fine folks are sayin’, we don’t mind waiting if it makes the user experience better.
Like Sonic '06.
If only they’d have waited a year and gave us a Sonic game that you can actually play without the game glitching out every 5 minutes.

Yo this is some grade A+++ communication dude, just want to say I appreciate you keeping us up to date, not a lot of people go out of their way to do that. <3

Ugh… I hope I don’t lose my Treecko… I lost my sandile due to rollback.

This is what I’m talking about. Thanks for telling us Erl. I like this communication we got going on. Be more open to us!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

Thanks for letting us all know! Glad I checked the forums to see what’s up.

That’s good, I mean, good to be informed about the issue. I hope you can fix it!
Good luck and keep up the good work!

best wishes for an easy way to fix this , i am sure you guys can do it :joy: :joy: :joy:

I don’t mean to sound impatient, but any idea when (if) the server is coming back online today?

If it’s not coming back online, at least SOMETHING is being done about the issues we’ve been having for the last couple of months.

The end is close.

Is the next best thing to do when the pmu servers are down, is to go on the forums? :o.ol:

Is there an ETA on the fixes? Not being impatient, I completely appreciate the work you guys are doing!

Server’s back up. Thank you for your patience, everyone. Ideally, I would’ve liked to have kept it down for slightly longer to push an update for a feature Fes/Coki have been working on, but it’s alright. Either Chaotix or I will do that shorly. Again, thank you for being such a supportive community, and sincerest apologies for any troubles caused.

i cant tell if i lost anything but i was in my house mapping and now im in the inn…was there a rollback?

I did not get a rollback.