Dungeon Idea: Ashfall forest (w.i.p)[Images]

Hiya! I’m excited for the new pokemon coming out and thought of a place that could accomodate some of the new fire,rock, poison and ghost types.

Any tips or suggestions are welcome. Especially for the roster of pokemon.
Underlined pokemon are recruitable

I imagine a forest of fire were you can encounter mainy fire, poison, psychic, rock, ground, and ghost types.
The dungeon would have three parts. 60 floors in total.

Themes: Forest fire, Will o the wisps, getting lost, ash, magic, witches.

First part.

(I did some photoshopping to get the tiles in these colour. Just some hue and saturation edits. Also added some falling ash.)

Floors: 30

Design: I figure it would look like route 113. Lots of greys. piles of ash. The would be no hint of fire on the first floors but perhaps on later floors there could be orange cracks appearing. Weather would be either clear, sunny or a rain of ash.

Pokemon: Spinda, Morelull, Weezing, Sandslash, Vulpix, Graveller, Lairon, Torkoal, Numel,
Larvesta(honey in secret rooms), fletchinder, Herdier, Watchog, Misdreavus.

After floor twenty there will be a puzzle involving illusions. After that there will be a resting point.

Second part

(More photoshopping, not actual tiles)

Floors: 20

Design: Here the forest turns red. Lots of autumn colours, red, brown, orange, gold.
The trees are on fire. You may think they would burn up but this is a mystical forest where the fire is eternal.
There is something ominous about these trees.

Pokemon: [u]Fennekin/u, Braixen, Rapidash, Mimikyu, Vulpix, Ninetails, Pansear, Simisear, Solrock, Slugma, Weezing, Volcarona, Mismagius.

After floor fifty you’ll encounter Delphox as a boss. She wonders how you have made it so far through the forest despite the illusions and concludes that you are wise and strong. However she does not like the intrusion and fights you to chase you out.

After the battle she asks you to do the forest no harm before walking away.

Third part

Image in time.

Floors: 10

Here in the center of the forest there are very few trees. There are just a few leafless burnt tress scattered about. You walk upon a plain of black sands with fire spouting up here and there.

Pokemon: Weezing, Salandit, Turtonator, Magcargo, Solrock, Golem, Camerupt, Aggron, Alolan Marowak.

At the end of this part you come upon a pool of fire or lava.
This pool is vital to the forest and is protected by a group of tortunator. They attack you with little word beforehand.

Boss drops:
Big mushroom
Tortunator egg very rare

After this battle the Turtonator realize you mean no harm to the forest.

Are all of the LC Pokemon recruitable? And level range?
I 100% support a Larvesta and Fennekin dungeon btw.

I would say all the new ones,

Fennekin, Pansear, Litten, Morelull, Mimikyu, Salandit, Larvesta, Tortunator.

Perhaps some could be rarer,
Maybe one that is honey exclusive, Litten?
Perhaps Tortunator from eggs alone. Though this story changes if it has a prevo.
As for level range I’m not sure. Not low levelled though. But mid or high.

Definitely an interesting idea but staff require it to be almost perfectly planned before it even is worth thinking about that’s not to say you did anything wrong but player made dungeons very rarely make it to real if ever :joy:
Good Luck!

Thanks MilkDank!

Any advice on how to balance this dungeon would is welcome. I hope that even if this Idea would not be taken it will still inspire.

I think this is a good idea… maybe there should be a Rapidash?

Flaming horse in the mystical eerie fire forest. I like this Idea! Going to include that.

It reminds me of the flaming spirit horses seen in old myths. It fits! :D

This is a really cool idea for a dungeon! Also we need more Fire-themed Dungeons in PMU!
Would indeed be the perfect place for Larvesta’s and Fennekin’s release if they ever come out! :3
I support this idea~

Really like this idea~
First step on its potential addition would be taking the tiles that aren’t in-game (the ones you edited for hue and saturation) and making them in a form that could be added to a tileset. If you posted them here, sprite project could get wind of them and add them. :joy:

Thank you Lordy and thank you Trekker! :joy:

I was thinking of recolouring things and making new stuff to use for mapping.
Might just be about time now. Thank you for giving me that push Trekker.

Marvelous! This is truly a fascinating dungeon concept! Just… look at it. I love how you did some few changes to the tileset’s color.

I have a good feeling that this will be a very beautiful fire dungeon. :3

P/s: Btw, u spelt wrong a Pokemon name. It’s “Turtonator”, not “Tortunator” :v

Thank you Electronious!

I corrected the names of turtonator. :3