Kecleon's Map Pile

I’ve finally figured it out. I’ve finally figured out how to diggity dang screenshot the maps.

And now you shalt all burn your eyes on my stupid maps.

Each map will have a small description, and a context to why it was made, along with the date and time!

[spoilerEverything in Between:2q5jpbi6]

The forum may not show the entire image, so please use this link if you want to see the entire screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/bGh31tb.png

The exploring Roserade walked upon the bridge, emerging from the dark and root-covered forest, pausing to gaze upon the glorious sight. The sun had set only a few minutes ago, leaving dusky traces of cerulean blue mingling with the darker, midnight shades of the sky. The wood creaked a bit with every step, but he peered over the edge into the void, seeing the sea spill into a shallow puddle, and endless amounts of stars reflected within the gathering pool. The cloud-like landscape seemed bright in comparison to the dark land and sea below, and he paused.

Frowning, the Roserade moved forwards some more, heading to the edge of the east ledge, peering over in astonishment. There were ruins in the river, that of the sea. The stone was washed to a pristine silver, the outer, dark coating of the strange rock seemingly stripped away to reveal a luminescent wall. With a growing delight, the Roserade began to write down these discoveries with wonder.

[The current house for Remestar. Created for the 2016 Fall Mapping Contest.]
[Date posted: 10/4/16 [USA] 4/10/16 [Countries with Sensible Date Placement]]

[/details]
[spoilerBazaar Manor:2q5jpbi6]

The forum may not show the entire image, so please use this link if you want to see the entire screenshot:
http://imgur.com/4Q2GQD4
The bazaar was a lively thing, with chattering Pokemon running the stands. As the Roserade moved through the area, he sighed a bit in comfort. Finally home, after exploring around. The bazaar below was a wondrous thing, and he passed by the Lapras, exchanging a greeting to the receptionist. Taking a single berry from the basket, his feet clicked across the well-maintained stone that seemed to surround everything below. Perhaps he would relax at the springs after the ordeal, or perhaps he"d grab a drink and chat with the Snorlax running the cafe.

After a small feud with the Charizard running the hotel about something petty (“Ugh, you charge too much–” “It"s business, you rosebush.”), he glanced at the stairs carved into the side of the cliff of silver and glimmering stone. Perhaps he"d pay a visit to the owner of the bazaar. Although, it was never sure whether or not the creature was ever at home.

Ascending the stairs, the Roserade nearly tripped after going through the cloud layer that separated the below and the above. Everything above seemed so vastly different from below, with scraggly cliffs and soaring skies. He could see the sky clearly now, the sun glimmering idly over the seaside view. No one had done the landscaping, and weeds and other pests of life had crawled into the usually well-cared-for areas. Not that he minded.

He glanced towards the strange, empty manor, and shrugged. Perhaps they"d be back another day.
[The current house for Kecleon.]
[Date posted: 10/21/16 [USA] 21/10/16 [Countries with Sensible Date Placement]

[/details]

…Exciting.

I’ve never seen that waterfall used with that perspective, so kudos to you. I may add a recolor of the waterfall so it blends in better. The little description you’ve written also helps breathe life into your piece. If anything, I’d definitely want to know what the colorful forests on the corners of the map represent, it would certainly be fascinating if they held some sort of relevance to the Roserade or the place itself.

Good luck for the competition. :!!:

Glad y’like it so much! Vivu kept shouting at me to not get distracted while I was mapping this. Worth it. Apparently my train of thought led to this point, so I rolled with it. It looks pretty nice (although I see some small blips in the map that I’ll fix right now, haha).

Anywho, yes! I’ve always thought that there should have been some summary describing a location in PMU. Like, Grassroot town with some small summary like the ‘Town of Beginnings’ as some alternate title or something like that. Glad to know that you like the description, though! It’s actually describing my own Roserade (named Sersie) who has theoretically discovered the divergence between the sky, the land, and the sea.

As for the forests, I could do a small blurb on that as well. Here, I’ll put it in the spoiler for descriptions of the forests. You can take a guess at which name belongs to which. Maybe I’ll use them as mapping ideas in the future…

[spoilerForests of the Crossing:25f8ne8m]Veilvein Forest
The Roserade trudged through the murky forest, glancing towards the sky every so often to no avail, seeing nothing but the vines obscuring the light. Even then, he couldn"t quite very well tell what time it was, which was distressing, to say the very least. He sighed a bit, trudging forward. The ground was covered in roots that seemed to be like veins of a furless, scale-less creature. The thought gave him shivers. Something like that must have lived in eternal agony.

What was even more disturbing, was the fact that no one else was around. Not a single wild native, not a single breath of a nomad. Simply silence, and that strange quiet that seemed to settle over everything. As far as the Roserade was concerned, the forest may have well have consumed anyone who had tread here.

He hoped that he wouldn"t be next.

Argent Grove
Of the two fair forests that he saw across the bridge, this one was a gleaming silver, one that spoke of metal, ice, and anything that glimmered and gleamed white in the sun. What a pleasant contrast from the murky, root-devoured forest that he had just wandered through. He peered within, and was nearly blinded by the ground itself, covered in the seemingly soft sheen that had touched everything outside the forest.

The ground flickered in varying shades of blue and white, like a frost-touched sand that swirled with every breeze. It wasn"t quite sand, however, nor was it snow. In fact, it gave off something calming. As if you could get lost in it forever, just by staring at the hypnotic swirls.

The Roserade decided that he still wanted to see more of the world, so he stepped back from the forest.

Oronneir Fall
He glanced to the forest of gold, with branches that seemed to scratch the sky, as though the sun had made itself apparent in even the bark of the wood itself. After a few steps into the golden woods, he noted that his feet were slightly hot. Inwardly, he wished that he wasn"t a plant just so he could see more of the wondrous area.

For it all looked like it were crafted of gold.

With sands that glimmered and gleamed like a million coins, to the trees scattered about that seemed to invoke the sun, gold, and everything good, the Roserade would have gladly burned for that wealth.

He probably would have burned if he didn"t see the collection of bones from an unknown creature in the sand. Was it a Tauros" ribcage? Or were they the claws of something much more gruesome? Either way, he didn"t want to end up as a dried up rose. Not yet, anyway.

Vivace Forest
Across the divide, the lesser-taken bridge, he saw something that seemed terribly out of place. Sure, there were trees and grasses among the cloud-like cliffs, but not to the extent that it looked like an outright forest in the skies. After a few feet snared upon the plants that crawled up the edge of the cliffs, he tripped right into the forest.

He was hit full-force by the greenery of it all, the smell of dew and the scent of the forest; something pure and irreplacable. The soil itself was a sheen of gold, the apples on the trees the most beautiful, most perfect hues of crimson that he had never seen.

But he knew, deep inside, there was something off. Something missing. Just like all the other forests.

[/details]

On a side note, thanks! I’ll be trying my best, although I’m already very satisfied. If someone does better, kudos to them. :D

ur bad
(not really you’re actually pretty good at mapping)

I really like how you did this waterfall, its a unique angle! Plus that small waterfall doesnt tile well so you did a good job with it. I wont be surprised if you win.

[spoilerBazaar Manor:2fh91zc3]

http://imgur.com/4Q2GQD4
The bazaar was a lively thing, with chattering Pokemon running the stands. As the Roserade moved through the area, he sighed a bit in comfort. Finally home, after exploring around. The bazaar below was a wondrous thing, and he passed by the Lapras, exchanging a greeting to the receptionist. Taking a single berry from the basket, his feet clicked across the well-maintained stone that seemed to surround everything below. Perhaps he would relax at the springs after the ordeal, or perhaps he"d grab a drink and chat with the Snorlax running the cafe.

After a small feud with the Charizard running the hotel about something petty (“Ugh, you charge too much–” “It"s business, you rosebush.”), he glanced at the stairs carved into the side of the cliff of silver and glimmering stone. Perhaps he"d pay a visit to the owner of the bazaar. Although, it was never sure whether or not the creature was ever at home.

Ascending the stairs, the Roserade nearly tripped after going through the cloud layer that separated the below and the above. Everything above seemed so vastly different from below, with scraggly cliffs and soaring skies. He could see the sky clearly now, the sun glimmering idly over the seaside view. No one had done the landscaping, and weeds and other pests of life had crawled into the usually well-cared-for areas. Not that he minded.

He glanced towards the strange, empty manor, and shrugged. Perhaps they"d be back another day.
[The current house for Kecleon.]
[Date posted: 10/21/16 [USA] 21/10/16 [Countries with Sensible Date Placement]

[/details]

New map!

For some reason, it leaves me a bit unsatisfied. I’ll probably add in more details in at a later time, perhaps.