Dungeon idea

I’ve been dead ingame, I know.
Aside from that, I was randomly thinking about ways to get a couple of the gen 7 pokemon included in the game

This is a very vague idea as of now, but I’m thinking maybe in Tanren Undercity we can make a factory kind of dungeon including pokemon like all of the Porygons, alolan Grimer and Muk, some various steel and electric types, and possibly some ultra beasts or even Type: Null/Silvally

It would likely be a longer dungeon with paths splitting off to different boss fights every… say, 10 floors
If every ultra beast got its own boss door then that would get us to at least 70 floors right there, but maybe the sun/moon exclusive ones could share a floor if we needed it shorter, dropping the floor count to 50+
the last floor would go into a boss room with Silvally in it. it would be a random type and when you beat it then it would have… say a 50% chance of dropping the memory for that type, or if it’s normal then another item in its place, as well as chances of other items mixed in

edit: for clarification, after you beat an ultra beast room you would go to an exit. this way if it was 10 floors per UB then you didn’t have to go ALL the way up, but rather only 10 or 20 floors. also my 10 floors/50% drop is just a few example numbers, it doesn’t have to be exactly that much but I was just grabbing easy numbers most people would be able to agree on. Thank you MilkDank for bringing that up

edit 2: I’ve looked into potential locations for it around tanren undercity and a few other areas, and I believe the entrance may be around the dark market, in the general area near caustic sewers or the storage place, or possibly even north of the settlement if a brand new section is needed if it’s in the undercity, if not then it (thanks to Whimsy for this idea) could have a portal from somewhere to the entrance… last resort it can have its own island or something. I’ll come back and edit again once I figure out some specific pokemon or something

edit 3: general list of pokemon in here, this is subject to change. bold is recruit, underlined is egg, italic is rare
Porygon
Porygon 2
Porygon z
Minior
Type: Null
Skarmory
Tyrantrum
Klang
Klinklang
Rotom
Mareanie
Toxapex
Salazzle
Stufful - eggs only
Bewear
Araquanid
Mudsdale
Hydrigon
Heatmor
Electross
Gible - eggs only
Gabite
Garchomp

this list is getting a bit long and it’s no doubt some of these will get taken off, but basically various predator pokemon would continue this. I’m trying my best to avoid repeat pokemon while at the same time not crowding it with too many gen 7 pokemon

edit 4: thanks to the sprite project for pointing this out on skype, but as another little clarification all of the UBs would be recruitable technically like regular pokemon, so it would be possible to get multiple of them, but the RR for them would be VERY low
also feel free to suggest a good level range for this place

edit 5: I’m almost done mapping part of the entrance at my house, feel free to take a look!
edit 6: finished the entrance section of it, next up I’ll work on a boss room

edit 7: I ended up doing the general dungeon and the entrance, there could be a simple pathway every insert number here floors to each UB, where one path continues the dungeon and the others lead to a maze or puzzle followed by the miniboss. each puzzle would be harder then the last until you get to Guzzlord’s floor if we go in order, or whatever would be the last one.

edit 8: if this isn"t permanently in the game yet in the mansion or something then the dungeon entrance can be at an elevator and the first floor can have rotom"s forms. if needed we could have something else on that first floor to add some flair

edit 9: if the Mt. Lanakila music hasn’t been planned for anything yet

[details]
like the dungeon at Tri-Crystal Point to start with…

[/details] then it could be used here in place of the music at my house… or just use both, I don’t need to know the exact plans for it. I also updated the pokemon list the other day to take out a couple of pokemon as well as add gabite and garchomp

edit 10: screenshots!

I"m going to remap, see you guys when I"m a bit farther along

edit 11: I’m remapping the place now, I’ll add to the previous edit when I finish the other side…

edit 12: finished remapping left side, this would be the UB boss section… it’s a mess but it gets the point across, tileset spriters may want to look into making a few more portals, but I figured something else out to use until then. I’ll likely wait to add the screenshot until tomorrow if not later. it’s getting late for me over here

seems like an interesting idea but i’m not sure if its just me but many of the new ones are long dungeons lately maybe keep it moderate to small for a change? :joy:

every 10 floors as just an example number, it doesn’t have to be quite that long but if you beat one of the ultra beasts then it would lead to an exit, so you didn’t have to go all the way every time

There ya go now your thinking :P

If anybody can think of a nice name for this place then feel free to help with that, I might be able to map out a scenery in my house for the 2 main boss rooms (general UB and Silvally) and main dungeon sections sometime soon

Well I would prefer longer dungeons to be released in the future. Or at least Mid range (±50 floors)

Also, I think the idea of a factory dungeon is pretty cool! And Tanren Undercity seems like the place for such a dungeon.

Hmm…how about something like these names:
Abandoned Plant/Laboratory
Industrial Wasteland
Freaky Factory
Rusty Cogs Corporation (maybe dungeon is an actual factory like Silph Co. in the main games)

I finished remapping my house for this setup! I don’t know how to take screenshots just yet so just visit my house to see what I’m thinking for it
it shows the general idea for the entrance as well as what could be the low floors of the dungeon

garchomp as an egg mon?

what I meant by that is that garchomp would drop gible eggs, I’ll go clarify that sort of thing momentarily

You take a screenshot in-game by pressing the F11 button, or by going to the house you made, typing /edithouse, and select the take screenshot option.