Game Installation

I may seem like a new member, but I used to participate actively in the community years ago. The reason I stopped was because my computer ended up crashing because of the program, and I’ve been hesitant to re-download since. I attempted to message an admin on October 4th about whether it was safe to download or not, but with no response. I hope to receive some sort of response here, seeing as how this thread is active and this topic seems to fit with contributing to new players who want to download the game. My current setup includes an ASUS 2015 model computer that runs very well with programs I use for work, but I’ve never tried to run any sort of game on it. The only reason I ask any of this is because I had very fond memories with this game as a child and want to see how it has expanded since. I’d greatly appreciate a response as to whether the program will harm my computer in any way. Thank you for your time!

-MFG, Priam-

Hi! Thanks for posting your concerns.

The PMU software we host for download on our site is guranteed to be safe, as long as you download it from our site and not off of a third party. Your computer will be fine should you decide to install the game.

If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to post them here on the forums.

PMU has worked on computers with OSs as far back as Windows XP to Windows 10 today. It has also worked fine on both Intel and AMD based processors as well as computers from a variety of brands and companies.

Could it be a possibility that your computer crashed because of another problem that PMU surfaced? For example, we had an old Lenovo laptop that ran PMU fine, but the processor overheated very quickly when it ran PMU and shut off, causing the laptop to seemingly crash. It could be a similar problem with your old computer.