Rules and Guidelines
Keep in Mind
Any attempt to use loopholes to your advantage will be met with an application of the "Catch All" rule. If you are unsure if something is rule breaking or not, ask before doing so.
Even if it does not explicitly break rules, if PMU staff determine that certain behavior is harmful to players in the community, we reserve the right to moderate it. Our biggest priority is in trying to do what we can to make PMU an enjoyable experience for everyone.
We are a small, yet thriving community, and as such, we want to keep the game as welcoming and friendly as we can. We want to ensure a positive environment that promotes friendliness and good sportsmanship! Follow the spirit of the game! Respect your fellow players and do your best to be kind towards everyone!
- Respect Staff Members and what they say. If you were warned for something, do not continue the same behavior. Keep in mind the "Catch All" rule. If things are starting to turn sour, Staff Members have a right to act appropriately and give out punishments when necessary.
- Do not publicly shame or bash on a Staff Member on any official PMU board (including the forums and the PMU discord). If you disagree with a Staff Member's judgement, feel free to send a direct message, either in-game or through Discord, to another Staff Member. Don't be afraid to contact Admins!
- Do not ask to be a Staff Member. While we appreciate players who want to help PMU grow, we do not want players to simply ask for it. Staff applications open every so often, so if you'd like to become Staff, keep an eye out for Staff applications on the forum and discord server!
- Feel free to ask a Staff Member for help. Ask for help when you need it, but do not abuse the staff member ping on discord or the /requeststaff command in-game, as that will interfere with our ability to help players out!
- Do not beg for free items, poke, events, staff commands to be used on you, or anything that would give you an unfair advantage.
General Interaction & Communication
- Insulting via public chat or private messages is not allowed. Be respectful to your fellow players.
- Publicly defaming another player's name is not allowed and will be met with an appropriate punishment.
Examples: "Beware of ____, they are a scammer!", or "Do not play with ____, they ruined a dungeon for me."
If you see someone playing inappropriately, scamming, or harassing other players, report them to a Staff Member.
Scamming and Items
- Misleading other players for your own personal gain in order to acquire money, items or accounts is considered scamming.
- Buying something at a high price and discovering someone else was selling it much lower is not scamming.
- Accidentally vending for too low is not scamming.
- By dropping an item on the ground, whether purposely or accidentally, showing off said item, failure to block your map, having a full inventory or overweight capacity, you relinquish possession of said item(s). If someone comes by and picks it up, they have the right to keep it; we are unable to help you if an item is stolen by another player. Use the /trade command if you want to keep transactions safe.
- If you feel like you've been scammed by another player, please report them to a Staff Member.
- Spamming the chat by talking excessively and/or repeating lines consecutively is punishable. Be mindful of what you type in chat, as others can see it.
- Do not repeatedly use moves (spam) in areas that have a large amount of other players (like the Event Hub or Grassroot Town), as it may cause lag to other players.
- Do not advertise another product, web service, server or even another MMO.
- Intolerable: "You should consider joining [Game], I could give you a whole team of rare pokemon."
- Tolerable: "I used to play [Game], then I came here," or, "Yeah he quit a while ago and went to [Game]."
- Posting, or otherwise sharing referral links is not allowed. This is due to being unverifiable as non-scams and act to purely benefit the advertising person alone.
Accounts and Characters
- All text based content, whether they belong to guilds, characters, or signs, need to be appropriate for the game. At most, they should be suitable for a PG-13 rating. If you are unsure whether or not your name is okay, ask a Staff Member first via direct message on discord, private message in-game, or choose a different name completely.
- If you are found with an inappropriate character name, a Staff Member will jail you and offer you a name change.
- Repeatedly creating accounts, characters, or Pokemon nicknames with inappropriate names is against the rules and will lead to consequences.
- Although not technically illegal, account sharing is heavily frowned upon. It exposes your account to various risks which the Staff Team may refuse to help you with. The account holder is responsible for any and all things that take place when logged in. The entire account will suffer any and all consequences, regardless of how many people use it.
Usage of Multiple Clients/Sandboxing
Using multiple accounts simultaneously for the purpose of any type of gain to yourself or others is prohibited. Violation of this rule may lead to termination of all accounts from PMU and its services without warning. We understand this may seem harsh and while we may review our stance on our flexibility towards sandboxing in the future when it comes to more harmless scenarios, we believe this is the best course of action at the moment and appreciate your understanding.
- Keep Global Chat English. We do this so it can be moderated properly as all of the Staff Team can moderate English.
- No excessive trade, rp recruiting, or dungeon recruiting.
- Do not complain excessively. Keep in mind that others look at chat as well, so be respectful. If you have any constructive feedback about PMU, feel free to write a suggestion post on the forums.
- Take note to keep adult themed conversations off of public chats. Try to keep the topics clean, and be respectful.
- Constant and/or repetitive swearing is prohibited.
- The use of racial slurs will not be tolerated. Even if the person you are talking to might not mind it and regardless of your own ethnicity, the terms are still offensive and not appropriate for the game.
Exploits and Hacking
- Exploiting will result in a ban. Report all bugs/exploits to a member of the staff team via direct message immediately. (Exploiting: Abusing a bug in the game for self gain.)
- Any means by which a player intentionally causes other players to error is against the rules.
- Attempting to hack PMU's services via brute force or any other method will result in a ban.